Showing all 2 results
- Seasonal vegetables are great if you are looking for regular intake of nutrition and still go easy on your pocket. The best part of including seasonal fruits and vegetables in your diet is their inherent ability to fight seasonal illnesses and flu. “There is a climatic condition according to which farmers yield certain vegetables.
- The spiky green vegetable makes it naturally unattractive. However, kantola, as it is commonly known, is a monsoon vegetable which is not just healthy but also low in calories. Its scientific name is Momordica dioica, commonly known as spiny gourd or spine gourd and also as bristly balsma pear, prickly carolaho and teasle gourd.
Surati Kantola 340gm$2.99
- Kantola is a great health food as it is rich in proteins and iron and is low on calorie. It contains only 17cal/100g. It’s high in fiber and anti-oxidants and thus very useful for easy digestion.
- It keeps your stomach in good shape during the monsoons by reducing the infections caused and controlling constipation. The phytochemicals present in Kantola or teasle gourd help in promoting the health.
- The high phenolic content of Kantola makes it a very good antioxidant and promotes cleansing of the body. Carotenoids like Lutein present in this vegetable helps in prevention of various eye diseases, cardiovascular diseases and even cancers.