- Chana Dal, also known as split chickpeas, is a type of lentil that is commonly used in Indian cuisine. It is made by splitting chickpeas and removing the outer layer. Chana dal has a nutty and slightly sweet flavor, making it a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes.
Benefits of Chana Dal:
- Rich in Protein: Chana dal is a great source of protein, making it an excellent choice for vegetarians and vegans. One cup of cooked chana dal contains about 17 grams of protein.
- High in Fiber: Chana dal is high in dietary fiber, which helps promote digestion and prevent constipation. One cup of cooked chana dal contains about 13 grams of fiber.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Chana dal has been found to be effective in lowering cholesterol levels in the body due to the presence of soluble fiber.
- Good for Diabetes: Chana dal has a low glycemic index, which means it does not cause a rapid increase in blood sugar levels. It is a great option for people with diabetes who need to manage their blood sugar levels.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Chana dal is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including folate, iron, magnesium, and potassium, all of which are important for maintaining good health.
- Versatile: Chana dal can be used in a variety of dishes, including soups, curries, salads, and snacks. It is easy to cook and can be paired with a variety of ingredients to create delicious and nutritious meals.
- Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
There are no reviews yet.