Details of Surati – Karela
- Karela is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. Minerals like potassium, folate, zinc and iron are also present in karela
- Antioxidants like catechin, gallic acid, epicatechin, and chlorogenic acid are obtained from karela, that helps to keep us free from many diseases
- Bitter gourd or Karela is low in calories. 100 grams of bitter gourd gives about 19 calories of energy. Around 3.5 grams of carbohydrates and 2.4 grams of fibre are present in 100 grams of karela while it contains only 150 mg of fats and 930 mg of proteins. It also has a high water content of 87 grams
- Bitter gourd has a compound that functions similar to insulin. In fact, ‘Karela and diabetes’ are often coined together! It reduces the blood glucose levels in both type I and type II diabetes. Consuming a glass of karela juice is so effective that diabetes patients need to reduce the dosage of their medicines.
- Bitter gourd is liver friendly and detoxifies. It boosts the liver enzymes and is a good cure for a hangover as it reduces alcohol deposits on the liver. Bladder and the gut also benefit from consuming karela.
- Karela is full of fibre and helps improve bowel movement. It relieves constipation and settles the stomach.
- Bitter gourd reduces LDL (bad cholesterol) and decreases the risk of suffering a heart attack. The fibre also helps to unclog the arteries.
- Please check the sticker on the back of the product.
- Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.