Detail of Kuttu Flour
- Kuttu known as buckwheat is a fruit seed which is why its consumption is allowed during Hindu fasting. The flour has a rich flavour which canbe a little nutty.
- It is a gluten free alternative for the regular wheat flour and which is why people with gluten allergy consume kuttu on a regular basis irrespective of the festival or fasting.
- Kuttu ka atta has warming tendencies and therefore is used more during the winter seasons and during Sharada Navratri which falls in the autumn months of September- October.
- The buckwheat flour is traditionally cultivated in the foothills of Himalayas. Buckwheat or kuttu is even more essential for someone who is on a weight loss diet.
- Though rich in essential fatty acids, kuttu helps in maintaining blood pressure and cholesterol level. It is also rich in vitamins, phosphorus, magnesium and other micronutrients like zinc.