Benefits of Chikki
- Peanut chikki is helpful in averting skin issues such as psoriasis and eczema due to the presence of anti-inflammatory effects. However, peanuts contain vitamin E, zinc, and magnesium which thus assist in keeping the skin healthy and glowing. It also battles the bacteria which causes acne and helps with cell regeneration by enhancing collagen synthesis.
- Did you know peanuts contain the fine quality of amino acids that help in essential growth and development? Yes, the presence of amino acids would act as a metabolite for growth hormone. Being an amazing snack, it is good and healthy than unhealthy snacks such as chips and crackers. Essentially, it is good for kids as it provides nutrition and also makes your tummy full.
- The best snack to manage your cholesterol level by reducing the bad cholesterol in the blood. By doing so, it would prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile. The peanuts are naturally loaded with mono-unsaturated fatty acids which avert the chances of coronary diseases.
- The presence of jaggery in chikki would help dilute the blood clots and fight against nervous diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s. This is because jaggery contains antioxidants and many phytophenols. Jaggery is prepared from the sap of coconut and date palm but the one prepared from sugar cane is used often. Even peanuts are great in resveratrol, a phytophenol that is known to avert the chance of nervous diseases and promoting the volume of the blood thereby detoxifying it.
- Peanut-chikki is one of the best snacks for diabetics as it contains manganese – a mineral that is essential for metabolizing fat and carbohydrate, calcium absorption, and in the regulation of blood sugar level. Peanuts also contain a low glycemic index which thus makes it a perfect snack for diabetics and so you do not wanna avoid it.
- Peanuts, Almonds, Walnuts and Cashews are rich in Protein and healthy monounsaturated fats which won’t spike your blood sugar levels and good for a diabetic snack and healthy heart snack. Eating a handful of Peanuts a day is said to increase the good cholesterol (HDL) in your body which is good for heart health.
Tips for Chikki
- To make perfect chikki, choose normal jaggery. Avoid the premium quality ones labeled like – organic, unrefined, pure jaggery, no added chemicals, evaporated sugarcane juice powder etc. If you are unable to find the normal one, then just replace 6 tbsps of jaggery with 4 tbsps refined sugar in the recipe.