Details of Nirav Idli Rice
- Idli rice is made from a moderate grain that is mainly grown in Tamil Nadu. This rice is also known as converted rice or quick rice. Idli rice is nutrient-dense and chemical-free. Idli rice soaks faster and produces more batter.
- A short, fat rice grain used traditionally in South India to make “Idlis.” This rice (soaked overnight) is combined with urad dal and fermented.
- Idli is a soft, pillowy steamed savory cake made from rice and lentil batter. The lentils used in making idli are urad dal (black gram). Idli is a traditional breakfast made in every South Indian household including mine. Idli is popular not only in the whole of India but outside India too.
- Visit the local store for more options and special in-store prices.
- Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below. Online Prices are different from the local retail store.