Showing all 7 results
- Cluster Beans
- Can be delivered with the local deliveries.
- if online stock not available, call the local store to check the availability.
- Indian Cluster Bean (Guar Bean, Gum Bean)It is also known as Gavar, Guwar or Guvar bean.
- Cluster Bean is native to India and is widely grown in dry, warm and arid regions. Plants are 1 to 3 meters tall. Young flesh green tender pods are harvested for vegetable use. In India, plants are also grown for the cattle.
- Guar can be eaten as a green bean, but is more important as the source of guar gum. Guar beans have a large endosperm that contains galactomannan gum, a substance which forms a gel in water.
- Cluster beans have Vitamins A, B and K, in addition to minerals like calcium, iron, folate and potassium.
- Okra or Okro , Abelmoschus esculentus, known in many English-speaking countries as ladies’ fingers or ochro, is a flowering plant in the mallow family. It is valued for its edible green seed pods. The geographical origin of okra is disputed, with supporters of West African, Ethiopian, and South Asian origins. The plant is cultivated in tropical, subtropical and warm temperate regions around the world.
- Bhindi, okra or lady’s finger-there are multiple names for this nutritious vegetable which is grown in many parts of the world, especially with temperate or tropical climate. Bhindi is a vegetable which is widely consumed in the Indian household though many of us might not be aware of its myriad health benefits.
- It is packed with folate, niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin K. Other than these, it is also rich in calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous and zinc.
- Bhindi contains no cholesterol of its own and in fact contains a component called pectin which helps in lowering bad cholesterol. Bad cholesterol is a cause of heart diseases and it can be controlled by increasing consumption of bhindi.
- Okra is low in calories but packed full of nutrients. The vitamin C in okra helps support healthy immune function. Okra is also rich in vitamin K, which helps your body clot blood. Antioxidants are natural compounds that help your body fight off molecules called free radicals that can damage cells.
Red Onion bag of 3lb$4.99
- Red onions are cultivars of the onion, and have purplish-red skin and white flesh tinged with red. They are most commonly used in the culinary arts, but the skin of the red onion has also been used as a dye. These onions tend to be medium to large in size and have a sharp flavor and eye-watering qualities.
- Onion is Known for its pungent aroma and spicy taste, Onion is widely used in making gravies for vegetables and stews. Onion is a vegetable which is almost like a staple in Indian food. This is also known to be one of the essential ingredients of raw salads.
- Onion is rich in phytochemicals, Vitamin C and anti-oxidants
- It improves body immunity and helps reduce cholesterol
- Rich flavour and tasty to your foods
Yellow Onion bag 2 or 3lb$2.99
- Yellow onion is a variety of dry onion with a strong flavour. They have a greenish-white, light yellow, or white inside; its layers of papery skin have a yellow-brown or pale golden colour. It is higher in sulphur content than the white onion, which gives it a stronger, more complex flavour.
- Yellow onions are typically available throughout the year, grown between spring and fall, and then stored for the rest of the year. It is the most commonly grown onion in northern Europe, and it makes up 90% of onions grown in the United States. They should be stored at cool room temperature in a dark place. Longer-term storage requires them to be wrapped in paper and placed in a refrigerator. Cut or peeled onions also need to be stored in plastic in the refrigerator, but they will only last a few days.
- Onions have lots of vitamins and minerals. They vary slightly in calories, carbs and protein. 100 grams of shallots have 72 calories, 16.8 gr of carbohydrates, 7.9 gr of sugar, and 2.5 grams of protein.