Details of Maida All-Purpose Flour
- Maida or white flour is a multi-purpose flour from the Indian subcontinent. Made from finely milled wheat, maida is stripped of the bran and made from the starchy part of the grain.
It is similar to all-purpose flour except that it has less protein in comparison. Maida closely resembles the cake flour and is used in making Indian fast food, bakery products and even traditional Indian sweets. Certain delicacies such as the Indian flatbread Naan and the bhatura, are well known maida recipes dependent on this flour for both the taste as well as the color.
- All-Purpose Flour is an excellent source of protein, vitamins, fiber, and complex carbohydrates. It is also low in fat and cholesterol.
- All-purpose flour is suitable for all types of baked goods such as bread, biscuits, pizza, cookies, muffins, naan, etc. It is also used in thickening gravies and sauces.
Tips to use Maida All-Purpose Flour
- All-purpose flour may be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for 6 to 8 months. It can last up to 1-1.5 years if stored in a fridge or freezer at low temperature.
- Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.