Details of Dhokla Flour
- Dhokla flour is made using rice and different lentils. The traditional way of making this flour is to first wash and then sun-dry the lentils for a couple of days and then make flour out of it.
- Dhokla’, a snack from Gujarat made with a fermented batter of gram, can help you in losing weight faster.
- A good combination of carbohydrates and protein, this steamed snack is a perfect treat for those who do not enjoy bland foods like cornflakes and oats.
- Not only does it help in weight loss, the dish is also can be eaten by diabetics since it is low in glycemic index. In fact, the steaming process and fermentation of the food enhance its nutrient content, making them rich in fibre and protein – the two most important nutrients to burn fat and keep you feeling full for longer period of time.
Tips for making Dhokla
- The khatta dhokla gets its sourness from yogurt. You can also use lemon juice for pronounced sourness.
- The batter for white dhokla should be thick. Rice batter should have a grainy texture while urad dal should be ground till smooth paste. You can grind them separately then mix both.
- If you don’t have baking soda, you can use fruit salt.